Email settings: used
mail.stacky.net, port 587 (see this thread ) with a user I created through Dreamhost web panel. Checked "Use TLS". This worked (I got a test email), but seems to not work now that I've successfully imported the FTS database. (fixed: I hadn't entered the full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "email user" field)
went to http://osqa.stacky.net/admin/sximporter, downloaded and selected zipped dump from faketestsite, submitted to get error. Copy of the error log . I think the problem is that there existed a question already. Tried again with new database; worked!
- revision histories aren't being imported
Added the line
forum/skins/default/templates/base_content.html. That seems to roughly do the trick.
- Need http://osqa.stacky.net/questions/1234 to point to post 1234, even if it is an answer.
- Scott's openid doesn't work.
- admins/mods should be able to add openids for users.
- email recovery option?
- close/reopen doesn't show up in revision history ... reloading seems (randomly) toggle closed/opened state! see  ... seems to have stabilized now, so it's probably a caching issue. related: does closing have some effect on the score of the question?
- don't get the most recent revision when you click edit 
- possibly related to previous: rollbacks don't get counted as revisions.
- can't post as unregistered user
- User names are truncated very short on the user pages.
Fixed as follows. tracked problem to forum/skins/default/templates/users/info.html, where view_user.decorated_name is called to generate the user name. grepped around for "decorated_name" to find it's defined in forum/models/user.py (forum/models looks like a very handy directory). Looking at the definition, it uses TRUNCATE_LONG_USERNAMES and TRUNCATE_USERNAMES_LONGER_THAN, imported from forum.settings. grepped for "TRUNCATE" in forum/settings/ which leads to /forum/settings/user.py. Looking at that file, it's clear from the text that this appears in the admin menu. Under "User Settings" link in admin panel, unchecked "Truncate Long Usernames". --Geraschenko 00:04, 12 May 2011 (PDT)